Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Doin the Kitchen Limbo

Yes, we are planning to remodel our kitchen. This Spring.... summer? I don't know. I don't know yet when the contractor will be ready to start. I also don't know...

whether our plan falls into our budget
how long it might take
what my painted cabinets will look like
which countertop I want/can afford
what stainless gas range I want/can afford
how we will do our laundry
where I am going to put everything that comes out of the kitchen
back splash?
what lies behind our soffits
can we get rid of the soffits?
my whole plan hinges on those dumb soffits

The list goes on and on. And so I try to concentrate on my work. I try not to make more holes in the walls. I try to make social plans for the next month or two as if life will still be normal and constructionless.... but will it? And so I am doin' the Kitchen Limbo.

No comments: