Friday, March 4, 2011

A Moment in Yoga

My thighs are rotating to the exterior as I bring my thigh bone forward in space. My calves are rotating from the upper outer shin like a vine down around the back and then over my inner ankle and arch of my foot to the outside ankle in order to lift my navicular bone into alignment. My pelvis is vertical so that my light is shining strait down. I am ironing my butt towards the floor while lifting my ribs off of my lumbar. My shoulder blades are open like the wings of an angel. My ribs are tilted up like vertical blinds and my collar bones are reaching for the ceiling to create a bird bath on each side of my neck. My right leg is bent at precisely a ninety degree angle. The heel of my right foot is in a direct line to the arch of my right. My left heel is stretching and reaching for the floor. I am gazing beyond the reach of my extended right arm, with purpose. Oh, and I am breathing.

Stay on task, Sara. I think I'll peek to see how Mary Jean is doing it. I wonder what should I eat for dinner when I get home. Should I go with pewter or brass for the kitchen knobs? How many skylights are in this room? Man, that's a big poodle. Breath.

The instructor is helping someone else. Does he see how hard I am trying? What is he DOING over there? Shit, I forgot to breath. My thigh is burning. I can't worry about my shin vine anymore. Something's got to give. Why isn't Mary Jean shaking too? There goes my light! I think I'm stuck.

2 comments:

William F. Renzulli said...

How about a photo or two?

happy internist said...

boy! i'm stuck and i'm just sitting on my couch...