Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Spaces Continued





A friend of mine was over the other day. I brought her to the third floor to see my new felting work space. She said, "Wow, Sara, it's like a tree house!" That's what she said, but on the inside she was thinking, "How does anyone work in this childlike, fun-sized, no-head-room, under the eaves, room all of the way up on the third floor?"


Actually, I work just fine, thank you. Previously I had spread my wool, critters, and all that goes with it across our dining room. It looked as if several sheep exploded in there. We rarely use the dining room so it was okay. But now that the stuff is out of there I feel the relief of having a designated space for my crap - I mean craft.

Happily I toil like a little gnome under the eaves making sweet little felted critters to share with the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the elfin space must somehow encourage the creation of those magical critters. Though not a visual artist, I have spent several months, not quite consciously but in retrospect I now realize it, setting up my writing cave. I needed to do that.

Amy said...

We call it the "crap room" rather than the craft room.