Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Spaces

Every morning I wake with my head ready to burst with eager thoughts about my day, my work, and my impending KITCHEN REMODEL.

I will provide you with a few pictures. When you see them, you will experience a heartfelt outpouring of emotion. (If you only know me by my artwork, I hope I have not shocked you by shattering any illusions of a Martha Stewart lifestyle.)






I will say that that the hole in the floor (and now "holes," also in the ceiling, walls, and soffets) are my own doing; I just had to know more about what we are up against. And let me tell you, it doesn't look good. I'd say that more than half of our budget is going towards structural changes.

If we can share our food and our love and our time together happily in such a dump, I can't wait to see how cleaner, more efficient, and aesthetically pleasing space affects my family. Maybe that's the point; we don't need "things" when we have each other. I want my new kitchen anyway!

Next time I will enlighten you about my work space.

2 comments:

happy internist said...

i hope you can at least salvage that fabulous fluorescent lighting!

Unknown said...

Those are some huge friggin' dogs! LOL As a cat person, I'm fascinated by large dogs in the home...Good luck on your renovations! Can't wait to see the 'after' shots!