Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hare Today Gnome Tomorrow




I spent yesterday felting snow hares. Today I hope to photograph them and list them on etsy. And then, if things continue moving as they have for the past couple of months, they will be gone. I will need to make more. But I also want to make more hedgehogs. And I'd like to make gnomes, donkeys, mice, ponies, not mention more basket bunnies and lifesized bunnies for Easter. For a show in the Adirondacks this summer I need to start mooses, bears, raccoons, chipmunks, foxes, skunks, owls, and deer. In a month or two I should start building my inventory for Fall which means ornaments, reindeer, and Mr. and Ms. Claus.


I had a bag in which I'd hoped to start accumulating critters. Every time I made a critter for etsy, I made one for the bag. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to see the bag begin to fill. I had about a dozen "extra" critters in there but then Vulcan's Rest in Chesapeake City requested more critters and now my bag is empty.



I realize that quickly selling what I make is a good problem to have. I hope I am not coming across as complaining. But scrambling, yes, that I am. ( Here is my daydream: I imagine something like a ball pit full of critters that I have made. I run towards it, leap into the air, and descend into the abundance. I emerge with bunnies and gnomes spilling off of me. I reach down and toss them about. Critters everywhere ready to sell.) I am always getting faster and more efficient but I can't stop wondering "how can I make more?"

No comments: